Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yesterday's adventure

This is Gramama because Willow is sleeping – she’s worn out – you will see why.

Yesterday I was watching conference through the internet (Gotta love that internet!). About half way through, Willow was being a pain. She was jumping on me, running through the house as a crazy dog. She does this every now and then but yesterday’s show was pretty intense.

After conference was over, I was preparing to go out and do a few errands before the next session. The insane dog was dancing around me and was running circles around me. I was concerned that she wasn't settling down. I knew she was getting plenty of exercise. We go on several walks each day and just the day before we had gone on a “smellfest” at PetCo, Sam’s and a really long walk. I went in my bedroom and found the problem.

The nosy dog had somehow gotten my suitcase open and had chewed through a bag that has the basic stuff I might need on a long trip. She had gotten a generic caffeine medicine called Stay Alert and chewed two of the pills. Most of the two pills were still on the floor – must not have tasted good so she spit them out – thank goodness. However she had to have gotten some of it in her because she was bouncing out of her skin. Chihuahuas are not known for being calm, sedate animals so you can imagine what Willow was like after adding caffeine.

I checked to see what I needed to do. Watch her (that was easy, do you remember the ping pong video game?) and dilute the meds. I gave her canned food and liquid and other stuff that she normally only gets as a treat along with lots of water. She was still like a wind up toy when I went to bed. I went to sleep with her wrestling toys all over my body as if I was the obstacle course for Chihuahuas.

Today, she is worn out and sleeping peacefully. I wish I could say the same.

This is Willow. I'm taking a short break from my nap.

How was I supposed to know that those cute little plastic bubbles contained wiggle worm seeds? It tasted yucky and I spit it out but I got enough of the seeds inside me that they grew and wanted to get OUT of me. I was willing to let them out but they wouldn't cooperate. I wanted to go to sleep but they were having a party inside me. YIKES!

No comments: