Monday, June 30, 2008

Reporting from NC

Mom and Dad,

First I have to tell you how I fooled Gramama. She has these really tasty shoes and when I ate the second shoe she started putting her shoes up on a shelf where I can't get to it. I only like this one kind of shoe and leave all of her other shoes alone which really puzzles G. Gotta keep her on her toes, you know? Well, last night I was able to sneak her shoes and hide them. I won't tell G how I got them or where I put them and G was very perturbed today when she was looking for her shoes so she could go to church. Instead of staying home with me like she should have, she put on another pair of shoes and went anyway. Bummer. Still it was pretty cool hiding her shoes.

Tonight when she got home, she wasn't sounding quite right. Her voice was all funny and she said her throat hurt. Poor G! I felt sorry for her so I brought out one of the shoes. Wasn't that nice of me to share? I hadn't chewed on them yet, just licked the lining a little bit. A few hours later, she was making funny noises and blowing her nose a lot and really sounded funny. It's not her voice anymore! So I went and brought her the other shoe. She's really snugly right now. She's warmer than normal so I cuddle up real close.

One last thing - you should have warned me about NC's summer thunderstorms. They are S-C-A-R-Y as all get out. (I'm a southern girl now so I use cute expression like that.) When it rains really hard it sounds like the house is going to float away, not to mention the thunder actually shakes the house. Whew.

No comments: