Friday, May 2, 2008

Playing Possum

Note from Gramama:

I can't decide whether having my little monster around is good for my nerves or not. Tonight I went out to the car to get some boxes out and put Willow on her leash and took her out with me. Even a walk to the driveway is exciting for this nut. I was getting the boxes from the back of the car and Willow was running around getting as many smells in as possible. She stopped suddenly and started barking (real barks, not that high-pitched screech that goes right though your brain). She was going crazy! I looked over into the yard to see what she was having this fit about. A medium sized possum was laying on it's side - playing possum. I was trying to get it to go away by pushing it with the box and holding a barking maniac off of the possum at the same time. He would not move! Willow wanted to get it, I'm juggling boxes and the leash of a wild thing and the possum would not move. I finally got it far enough away from Willow that it came alive and took off, crashing through the bushes. Willow got her money worth out off that little walk.

One of the reasons I was surprised at the bark and the fact that there really was something to bark about is that the ONLY time she barks is when there is a ferocious attack of the waving paper. If a piece of paper falls on the floor (grocery story receipts and so forth) in front of the fridge and the fan comes on and moves the paper, this is when she barks and goes crazy. At least this time there was something besides a paper monster after her.

No comments: